Sunday, February 14, 2010

Easy Open Scene Graph Setup In Ubuntu 9.04

Easy Open Scene Graph Setup In Ubuntu 9.04:
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads/Dependencies

Basically all you have to type into the terminal is
sudo apt-get build-dep openscenegraph

Before I typed this command I installed the libtiff4-dev in the synaptic package manager. The command above did all the rest.

Then I just downloaded the source code for Open Scene Graph 2.8.2 and compiled it as normal with the ./configure ; make; sudo make install

Then I went back and did the CMake turned on demos and apps and did the make; sudo make install

then I used the terminal and typed sudo /usr/bin/gedit which launches a graphical text editor with root access permissions. I then open up a text file by going to File->Open and navigate to /etc and select ld.so.conf Then I add the line /usr/local/lib and if I am 64 bit I add another line after that /usr/local/lib64. Then I save the file. I then open up another terminal and type sudo ldconfig which will then update the libraries install in linux.

Now I go into the folder with Open Scene Graph Data 2.8.0 and type osgviewer cow.osg If you see the cow it works. :) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment